Today, is the day that my baby is 5. I can't believe he's 5. Where have the last 5yrs gone? He's been counting down the days since 17 days ago. It was so much fun to wake up to 15more days, 13more days, as he got more excited and more excited. We went out to eat lastnight as a family. The boys enjoyed it as it's a very rare event for us. We try to keep those little extras as little extras. MJ wanted to go to Jungle Jim's so off we went. It's an Safari themed Restaurant, he wanted to go tonight but it's one of those go go go nights. TJ has Judo and there are a few rewards for being there every week, so MJ was perfectly happy to move his night out to the day before.
What is going on with mr 5? Well he's getting taller, he's slowly moving out of the 3X and 4-5T size pants, he's got short legs still but he's moving up. He'll catch up pretty fast I'm sure in this next year. I should measure him,... (excuse me...) 41inches, I got to reuse AJ's line from wayyyyy back. I have all their heights written on the door but it's a bit messy, I can totally see myself painting that over some day.
He's adventurous, there is nothing his older brother's do that he doesn't want to try, he's game! He understands curling of all things. I can't figure out if that's from watching the Olympics, or playing Olympics on the wii?
He has the most incredibly sweet laugh.
He's oh so very innocent but observant. On our way to the restaurant, we accidently splashed someone standing by the side of the road. The man gave us a "wave" so to speak. MJ "that man was counting cars, he counted 1 car"
Which man?
"The man beside the car by the bench, he had a shave on his face, like Santa's Shave."
"oh I think he was waving, and he had a beard"
So at 4 it was a Shave, now that he's 5, it's a beard.
5! I'm really starting to love 5, but I loved 4, 3, 2, 1 and 5yrs ago just as much. My Boy rocks!
Oh I did bake him a cake! yes I did. I'll take a picture before it all vanishes. It's definitely better then last year's Mickey Mouse looks like a ardvark Three growing boys can certainly inhale a lot of cake!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Happy birthday to your baby boy!
awww. he's getting so old. I'm glad you are excited about 5. and that cake rocks.
How exciting "5" is! Happy Birthday to you sweet son. Love the cake.
kids... they just grow up TOO FAST!!!
happy birthday to your little man :)
Happy Birthday to your big boy!
Now I'm in the mood for cake though.
So far I've loved all the ages and stages, although the teen years, I'll admit, leave much to be desired...
Happy birthday to your baby!! I too find I've loved every year!!
I love the cake! I hope the party went well, five is such a fun age and I know we'll love it around here too.
your skate board cake rocks!
Post a Comment