Yep You know it's Tuesday when I mention Dentist. I'm slow on my game though, my Tuesday Dentist was last week. I don't know how it happens but Tuesdays just happen to be the best days for me to get any dental work done. I think because well Mondays are you know Mondays, and who really wants to fog up a Friday with the potential for "oh you have a cavity" or "yeah we're just going to take some xrays" (oh how I hate biting on those films). So Wednesday of course is the Camel's Day, can't mess that up, so Tuesday it is, because Thursday is just too close to Friday. Am I right?
So I ended up posting about my month of toasted appliances. Last weekend during Thanksgiving our Microwave died. I was trying to pop popcorn for my snack before turkey dinner. You know the snack you eat to keep you from eating 2 meals before the food gets to the table? I put it in 3m4sec and start... about 2minutes in I am smelling this off burning electronics smell. You know the one? Yep not one single popped kernel in the bag. The only thing I did the week before differently? Clean the microwave and ask my Son to clean all the stuff around it. So good bye microwave. I did some personal inventory. Do we need a microwave? what other than my popcorn and tea reheating do I use it for? I haven't bought a new one. The boys do use it for their easy mac, but oh well, real KD it is. They know how to use that pot on the stove. If they water needs to boil a bit faster? we can plop it in the kettle and then transfer it. (Please Kettle don't give out on us). So that little disaster is solved, we'll wait for a really good sale or get used to life without the microwave.
"You know kids? I didn't have a microwave in my house until I was like 14? "
Next up this past Sunday Hubbie is getting his lunches made for the week to take to work. He reaches in to the freezer and said "ewwwwwwwwwww". I look and he's squashed one of my "I'll save that for later, black bannanas." It's no longer frozen, Squish Squish! We do some more feeling around in the freezer and realize nothing is as cold as it should be... oh no! So this is how that FB status started Monday morning.
"Dear Fridge,
There was no Memo, just because the microwave up and died last weekend doesn't mean it's your turn.
Dear Car Fridge,
you may be my new best friend. Keep keeping that milk cold? K thanks.
Dear Milk,
No I will not eat you as fast as I ate the ice cream last night.
Dear stomach and butt,
yes that was a on of event, no we will not be buying any more ice cream."
There was no Memo, just because the microwave up and died last weekend doesn't mean it's your turn.
Dear Car Fridge,
you may be my new best friend. Keep keeping that milk cold? K thanks.
Dear Milk,
No I will not eat you as fast as I ate the ice cream last night.
Dear stomach and butt,
yes that was a on of event, no we will not be buying any more ice cream."
Monday was also my Avon order day, so I had plugged some orders in that morning and got another later in the day. As I got the email I'm thinking of the Stride Rite Gum Commercial with the Ostrich.
"Ring another one up for the Bird" yep!
This weekend we will be back to Curling for the younger 2 boys. So winter is on the way. The snow is on the way. Yes I said Snow!
This week I'll go with the wine Badge!
2 comments:
I've been following you on Facebook (as I always do) and I saw those posts. I think you cursed me because my garage door opener just died and we're having to manually open and close the door. Not the worst thing in the world but I want Lazik and if I have to buy a new door opener buying that might be tough. I'm crossing my fingers I get that commercial again. SNOW! It's going to dip down into the high 50's at the end of the week and I'm freaking out. I wouldn't mind snow once or twice though.
I almost forgot what snow was since moved from NY to Izmir :)
Have a great day!
Post a Comment