Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday hits again, Spring! It's coming

Welcome back to Random Tuesday Thoughts. If you want to join in, go on over to The Unmom and get your linky!

Spring is on the way, I have no doubt. Today the high is to be 14C... ok yes I know you all want to know what that means in USA speak. It's 57.2F . YAY i'll have to get out the shorts soon. Then again... that might not be the best idea this spring. I've been sitting most of the winter. There was that good month in February when I was doing the wii every day for 3wks and thennnnnnnn I found Starfleet Extreme on FB. That game is like a full time job.
  
The puddles are jumpy, the ditches are blah but the chickedees are out. Time to buy the boys new Rubber boots.  One still wants to wear his skipants to school, while the oldest is "too old for that" well finally! it only took putting who huge holes in the knees.

St. Patrick's day is tomorrow, so far my only plans are stew for supper. I need to send out the honey do to get the list as there's no stew meat in the house. There's also no carrots, onions, or other veggies.

My van is broke, Power Steering leaked all over the driveway.  Last Easter it was my Gas tank that was leaking on the driveway, then the Tranmission fluid, then Break fluid, and now this spring we bring you power Stearing fluid?  It makes you wonder if Raccoons like to eat cars?

YAY!! the Fox family is back, they are currently 1 fat mom, I guess we'll see the pups soon, YAY! the Raccoon problem may be solved soon.., I've only seen one raccoon so far, and not since...


So we pulled out a VCR,to watch some old toons we had here and the boys say "I want to watch it rewind"... yep this is all new to them. TJ doesn't even remember the VHS years.   Today MJ is watching some old Christmas in July we watched in the late 90's. 

randomtuesday

^^^^^
go on click it you know you want to go there... then link up

Got a call last week to do some after school care for a friend. Just an hour or so once a week collect her from the bus until mom gets home from work. Last night she called and she's not too happy with the potential employer. The employer called all 12 people that applied in to "train" and then said "we'll call you when we have our 2 places picked" well what the HE double Hockey Sticks! all 6 people from Monday's Training assembled about 20 products each in 2hours, so that's 120 product completed in 2hours for "free?". It makes you wonder what kind of people are running these businesses.  I'm sure the trainees will be looking for a check soon? Labour laws got to love them! I also noticed when visiting the company website that the products aren't doing any "fairs" so it seems to me that maybe her "booming business" is slowing down? hmmmmm and she needed a quick... anyways... I guess that's random enough employment isn't it? 

(update here, She got the job!)

I think though I may resort to doing after school care here in the fall. I want to stay home here with the boys be here when the phone rings because they hit their heads, or just stay home because they are sick, and so on. I don't know how all you working Mom's do it? I know cellphones but we don't have oneof those, people we have no cable and we're watching VCR Tapes.We did have a cell before the kids were older but really, it was just another bill. We have a homephone and did you know there are still such things as payphones? yeah and phone booths! oh and answering machines/voice mail? amazing isn't it. I also don't text. So I'm not the person looking down into their lap at the stop light because I'm texting and driving.  

 

Drive your car, not your phone! 

that's enough random for today, I must go save a planet from impending doom! oh and bake some brownies with green icing. yummmmmmmmm brownies. 




 

 

13 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Hey- 57 is close to 60 which is kinda like 70 which is close to summer. I'm with ya!

Happy RTT!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/aol-dialup-business/

♥ Kathy said...

Our niece saw some vhs tapes we have and said 'what is those crazy things?!?' lol Happy RTT!

If I Could Escape . . . said...

It's almost the same temperature here in Florida as it is for you? Wow!! This year's weather is never ceasing to amaze me!

Brandy@YDK said...

lots of random today! i might be the person looking down at the stoplight. maybe.

SciFi Dad said...

I can't do FB games... too time sucking.

(I'm commenting here to prove a point to Blogging Mama Andrea.)

Melanie said...

I have never known anyone to be happy about foxes. I will have to go find the rest of your blog posts about it!

Hi Kooky said...

What a fun post! How cool - a pregnant fox. I'd love to be able to watch a fox family grow up. Have a great St. Patrick's day, I hope your van starts behaving, and eat a brownie for me! YUM.

Mrsbear said...

Wow, you've got some bad luck with vehicle fluids.

We have a few remaining VHS tapes and a working VCR, unfortunately nobody cares enough to watch them and the picture quality is crap on the big TV. So we're putting a few in our recycle bin every week. I remember when they were state of the art. lol

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so cute that they wanted to see the tape rewind. I still have one of my VCR's and a few tapes. Glad the weather is getting better. Sorry about your van :(
I agree, phones do not belong in the car and people are being killed everyday because of people texting! Happy St.Patrick's Day.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I hardly text either. Some of my friends will only text so they usually get replies from me along the lines of "Call me!"
Bloggers don't text. There's not enough characters!

Captain Dumbass said...

Hey, it's Friday! Congrats on saving the world. Any brownies left?

Stacy Uncorked said...

That employer situation sounds like a shady thing to me...

I'm with The Captain - it's Friday! Congrats on saving the world...are there any brownies left to pass on over? ;)

I don't text much either - I probably would if I had a smart phone instead of the crap phone I have. ;)

Have a great weekend!

Ann Harrison said...

It's funny when the girls see our VHS movies, they call them "the old movies". What?!?

I was just visiting my 10 yr. old nephew who was so excited to show us his new Pong game "app" on his cell phone. Pong! I asked 'As in Atari Pong?' He was surprised I knew what it was. Oh man...

Google+