Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday VGNO

So I thought I'd participate this week.



I'm really not having a lot of "new" thoughts lately. Life here is kids, Animals and weight loss/gains, oh and Avon. That's it! there isn't much else going on but I did today get me some "fan mail". hehe It was nice to get this message lastnight just before heading to bed.

"

Yesterday was Hubbie's Birthday. I bought him a pie. He doesn't want Cake for his Birthdays so he likes Pie now I didn't go all "domestic" on this one. I bought the pie!! his favourite is Lemon Meringue. I did buy some Lard this week with hopes I could try to make pie crust but didn't get it done. Pies make me nervous and I know this topic has come up else where. I almost read the same post from Carmen from MomtothescreamingMasses. She though took the bull by the horns and baked the pie!
The apple Crumble? gone there is no trace of me having baked two of them this week. Well there might be on my Ass? but no sign in the pans. oops! 

I'm sure the Altar of Truth(scale for my weight watching) will not smile fondly on me this week.Also not helping AJ just baked cookies... I skipped it this Wednesday due to all the running around that seems to come with having 3 kids in two schools.

The boys are in the full swing of school.  $ forked out this month for teams and band and so on? 450.00! so far.  I'm a bit confuzzled on this one. Why is it that school band for one middle school is 50.00 but for our school band, it's 220. Both schools are in the same district? Does this not feel like there's some kind of inequality for these kids? Why would a school over there, be more fitting of only paying 50.00 and my Children's school almost 5times? that much? things that make you go hmmmm Failure in Education again Provincial Government!! And you all want me to vote for you this week? uh no!

Now on to Katy Perry. I don't think it's a big deal at all. Maybe if people got less up in arms about cleavage, I would have got less "Stink" eye when putting my children to the Breast for food? BOOBS happen people. My boys all watch the video well the oldest didn't he wasn't home when I showed it.. wait let me find him.... he's 11. 
"That was just weird... it would be good with the original song versions" hmmmmm I'm not even sure I know the original words. So there you have it 11yrold  boy? it's just weird I asked him to explain? "wrong words and elmo??"  

You also have to realize we now have 1 station that comes in with fuzzy reception as our total tv viewing. We don't see a lot of this stuff and Sesame Street is no longer part of the Canadian viewing unless you are paying for US stations or kid TV. 

If you're up for a Saturday night VGNO (Virtual Girls Night out) go on over link up to Ann's and get a button.  I've apparently used tonight as a brain dump. hhee I do that a lot here. Happy Saturday.




7 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I don't know anything about Katy Perry, I will have to check it out.
Thanks for the pie crust information. I am going to try it.
We bought apples today at the orchard. Thank you.

Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith said...

Thanks Kyooty! Welcome back!

Liz said...

i'm not a sweets person, but if there was any apple crumble by me, it wouldn't last long!

Ann Harrison said...

Oh Kyooty,

Can you believe that I didn't even do a VGNO link-up? After all your support I don't even offer the party. Not cool on my part. (It was just a busy day and I didn't get anything set up the night before and ... blah, blah, blah. :-> )

I'm with ya' on the pie crust. I'm afraid! Someday I hope I figure it out. (My ass shows signs of appreciating others efforts, that's for sure!)

Big Mama Cass said...

Now I want pie. I want pie and I want to use confuzzled in the nearest possible sentence. Suuweeet!

PS... I am trying not to think of the money that will be spent when Monk goes to school. People who say that "babies" are expensive are CAARRAZY! PEOPLE are expensive dude!

Big Mama Cass said...

Ooohhhhh and I meant to say... the Katy Perry thing is DUMB! Yes she could have worn more of a dress but there wasn't much cleavage and REALLY, we are worried about THAT as opposed to the things little girls are wearing around right now?? Like itty bitty shorts with their nay nays just about to fall out?!?! LIKE SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!??!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Yup, I saw the Katy Perry thing too. Meh, don't know what everyone's up in arms about. I think her acting is more atrocious than her cleavage. :-)

Google+